http://www.celtic-pride.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/welsh-beef-katsu.jpg 1050 1600 celtic_pride celtic_pride2021-07-27 15:18:422021-07-28 08:47:29Welsh Beef Katsu
- Celtic Pride Welsh Beef sirloin steaks
- 75g seasoned plain flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 75g panko breadcrumbs (or make your own breadcrumbs)
- 25g golden breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
For the sauce:
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Make the sauce by heating the oil in a pan and fry the onion for a few minutes to soften and start to colour, add the garlic and ginger and cook for few minutes.
- Add the curry powder and flour and stir for a minute – slowly add the stock stirring all the time to avoid any lumps.
- Add the honey and soy sauce, boil and then simmer for approximately 10 minutes. You may need to add more water if it is a bit thick. If you want a smooth sauce place in a blender.
- Take the steaks out of the fridge 20 minutes prior to cooking.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 different shallow bowls or plates.
- Dip the steaks in the flour, then the egg and then in the breadcrumbs ensuring they’re all coated.
- To cook, gently heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the steaks over a low-medium heat until cooked – approximately 4-5 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with sticky rice and the delicious katsu curry sauce and a nice crisp salad or slaw.