http://www.celtic-pride.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/pulled-beef-mac-and-cheese.jpg 1086 1600 celtic_pride celtic_pride2021-07-28 09:04:552021-07-28 09:05:33Pulled Celtic Pride Beef Mac and Cheese
- 100g–150g Pulled Beef, shredded
- 350g macaroni or spiral pasta
- Splash of oil
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml milk
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 250g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Slow cook the brisket until tender (place in a tray with stock or beer)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas 4. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water – remove from the heat before it gets too soft – drain and add a splash of oil, and stir.
To make the cheese sauce:
- Melt the butter, add the flour and cook for a minute, gradually adding the milk stirring well to ensure no lumps form.
- Bring to the boil and add the seasoning and mustard powder, simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, add approximately half of the cheese, and stir well.
- Add the cooked pasta and the beef, and stir well.
- Place half in the dish, top with rest of cheddar cheese then remaining pasta mixture.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan and melted butter and sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes until piping hot and golden.