http://www.celtic-pride.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Welsh-Beef-madras-curry.jpg 1067 1600 celtic_pride celtic_pride2021-07-28 08:54:532021-07-28 08:55:29Celtic Pride Beef Madras
- 675g PGI Welsh Beef chuck steak, cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh root ginger (3cm piece), grated
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400ml beef stock
- Natural yogurt
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Side salad of diced tomato, cucumber and red onion
- Heat the oil in a large pan or flameproof casserole dish, add the beef and fry until browned. Add the seasoning, onion, pepper, garlic, ginger and spices and stir gently for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid or foil and continue cooking on the hob or place in the oven at 180˚C / fan 160˚C / Gas 4. Cook for approximately 2 hours 30 minutes until the beef is tender. You may need to add a little extra stock.
- Spoon into bowls, add a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve with rice and a side salad of diced tomato, cucumber and red onion.
Tip: This recipe is also suitable for the slow cooker